IMPROVE PERFORMANCE, ENDURANCE, and RECOVERY*
BioSuperfood is utilized by athletes of all kinds, both amateur and professional, to help maintain muscle mass and improve recovery from strenuous exercise. Strenuous sports and training sessions for endurance and strength often can cause muscle injuries, which are exacerbated by the simultaneous production of free radicals. Athletes who consume BioSuperfood, which contains high levels of the antioxidant astaxanthin, the “king of the carotenoids,” can expect better performance due to increased muscle endurance.
The effect of antioxidants on the capacity for physical performance has been investigated in a number of studies that show a significant increase in muscle endurance among athletes supplemented with astaxanthin compared with those not supplemented. BioSuperfood has been observed to heighten muscle mass and strength in athletes who carry out regular resistance training, according to hundreds of athletes of all kinds from all over the world. Best of all, BioSuperfood has been proven to be 100% safe; it has no known side-effects, and it has produced a variety of positive effects in large number of scientific studies including:
- Reduced oxidative damage*
- Reduced pain and faster recovery from exertion*
- Increased endurance, strength, and stamina*
- Prevention of exertion related injuries*
- Increased oxygenation and performance*
- Maintained muscle mass gains*
- Prevention of arthritis due to injuries*
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels, allowing greater access to stored body fat*
- Significantly raises lactic acid threshold*
- High antioxidant levels increase endurance and delay fatigue*
- High assimilation rate of absorption means reduced intake of other “bulk” foods, resulting in weight stabilization*
- Balanced Essential Fatty Acids content normalizes hormones, resulting in strength gains and shortened recovery periods*
- Protein content is the most assimilable ever measured, which means less total protein intake needed*
- Nervousness, irritability, or fear before an event or competition replaced by calm power*
- No toxicity: 100% natural and organic
- Sports and athletics legal as a natural green superfood
*Statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). None of the products offered on this website are intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
(Originally published Feb. 7, 2013 by Roland Thomas, PhD, NMD)
Technical-Bulletin and Publications
- Astaxanthin improves muscle endurance following supplementation in humans. Malmsten, C., 1998, Gustavsburg, Sweden. Dietary supplementation with astaxanthin rich algal meal improves muscle endurance – double blind study on male students. Unpublished.
- Sports Performance Benefits from Taking Natural Astaxanthin Characterized by Visual Acuity and Muscle Fatigue Improvements in Humans. Sawaki, K., Yoshigi, H., Aoki, K., Koikawa, N., Azumane, A., Kaneko, K., Yamaguchi, M. – Journal of Clinical Therapeutics & Medicines 2002,18:(9)73-88.
- Astaxanthin Limits Exercised-Induced Skeletal and Cardiac Muscle Damage in Mice. Aoi, W., Naito, Y., Sakuma, K., Kuchide, M., Tokuda, H., Maoka, T., Toyokuni, S., Oka, S., Yasuhara, M., and Yoshikawa, T., 2003. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling 5(1):139-144.
- Awakening the Genius Within: The Culmination in Cellular Nutrition. Roland Thomas, Michael Kiriac 2004-2008.